Welcome! I’m Beatriz Becker, writer and translator.
If you are instead a lover of LITERATURE, leisurely roaming through literary blogs — then you are most welcome to visit mine.
What do I offer you that other litblogs don’t?
- Brazilian and Portuguese POETRY and short STORIES translated into English (amongst which the ballad of a medieval Portuguese Mulan) — these are ORIGINAL TRANSLATIONS that you find nowhere else
- in-depth ESSAYS on different aspects of STORYTELLING (you will for instance discover what’s wrong with Dan Brown’s Inferno)
- brilliant WRITING TIPS from classic books to help you improve your writing (like this explanation of the difference between a simile and a metaphor, and a heartrending example of effective repetitions)
- selected LITERARY PASSAGES that will make you sigh — and swear to read and write more
- and lastly, if you read Portuguese, there are lots of LEGENDS and FABLES in rich, beautiful, EXCELLENT PORTUGUESE — just the thing to take your knowledge of the language to a literary level
Make yourself at home, take your time, and enjoy my literary blog. If you have a question, remark, or an idea for a new post, leave a comment on my latest post and let me know!